An Opportunity for Haulers...
Based on scheduled services a hauler can only service a fixed number of compactors per week. Also based on that service, there is a fixed revenue amount and a fixed cost.
With monitoring there is an opportunity to remove limits on the revenue to cost relationship. So, one does not have to lose a half dollar in cost for every dollar in revenue.
Here's how it can be done:
- 1. Calculate the total number of tons collected based on the last six months of history
- 2. Divide the total tons by the optimum number of tons the container can hold. This gives you the total number of required service pulls for that container based on the time period. By dividing this number by six you know the optimum number of pulls per month.
- 3. Create a monthly fee based on the new number of pulls per month plus a little. This should allow you to increase revenue for that customer without increasing your cost and even reducing the cost to your customer.
- 4. Bill the customer based on a monthly fee for hauling and direct costs of the tonnage disposed of.
Now two things can happen in this model:
- 1. You can increase the number of revenue dollars for the same customer while reducing your costs
- 2. Your vehicles can handle more customers using the same managed service model by adding even more customers and revenue.
To see just how this all can increase your revenue while providing optimum service to your customers while reducing your direct cost per site...